Tuesday, October 13, 2009

YOUTH OF TAMANG


Straightforward 19 years old Sangeeta Moktan from Kathmandu feels bad for not being able to speak mother tongue.
" I have grown up in two different culture because of my parents' inter-caste marriage so I am deprived of learning Tamang language" she quickly explains," Now I realize how important language is to show our cultural identity."
However, she is well prepared for the introductory round of the grand finale where all the contestants have to introduce themselves in mother tongue.
Like other participants, Gyanu Maya Tamang, 17 of Solukhumbu district also claims herself as a deserving contestant for Miss Tamang. She seems confident about wining the title", I know the language, pretty aware about the culture and capable enough to exhibit my inner talent." Gyanu Maya gives reasons with a smile.
Blessed with good height Sima Moktan, 17 of Bara, expresses her interest to bring out the Tamang identity through modeling. "However, the education is my

No comments:

Post a Comment